When you think of a super food, do you think Parsley? Here are 10 reasons why you should!
Originally Published on HelenaConsulting.com
Searching online for ways to become healthier, naturally, I came across some information on Parsley. Like the other super natural remedies I have posted (epsom salt and apple cider vinegar) Parsley has many benefits for the entire body!
You can make parsley tea by boiling fresh leaves (which you can get from any produce section for about $2!) if you are not a hardcore, unsweetened tea drinker you should add honey (raw honey is very good for you) and lemon juice. I love to chop my parsley up and throw it in a blender with watermelon hearts and a whole lemon. It’s sweet and refreshing with no sugar! I have been so satisfied with my juice that I haven’t tried any other recipes but I just used the last of my watermelon and may experiment with the frozen berries and OJ I have left.
Benefits of Parsley:
1. Source of Vitamin C, B12, A, K, folic acid and Iron– Basically the basic vitamins for healthy skin, immune system, eyes, brain, hair, nails, and pregnancy
2. Having parsley everyday helps in reducing blood pressure and reduces the risks related to high blood pressure such as hypertension
3. Parsley herb has some volatile oils such as myristicin, limonene, eugenol as well as alpha thujene which are antioxidants in nature. The above mentioned oils counterbalances the effects of some carcinogens (such as benzopyrenes found in cigarette fumes) and reduces the chances of getting cancer!!!!!!
4. Parsley is a power plant of chlorophyll, this helps curb the growth of bad bacteria as it has anti bacterial properties. Chlorophyll found in parsley is a good cure to stop and avoid bad breath (halitosis) for long time.
5. Parsley herb is found to be diuretic in nature which promotes healthy workings of the kidney. The diuretic found in parsley helps in getting rid of sodium and other harmful elements from the human body.
6. Having parsley herbal tea is helpful as it stimulates digestion of protein as well as fat. The tea also promotes enteric absorption and storage in the liver. It is helpful in treating diarrhea.
.7.Parsley herb improves the hormonal balance in females and it also betters the estrogen secretion. This herb is helpful in treating hormonal problems like premenstrual syndrome, menopause or delayed menstruation cycle. This herb is also known to be helpful in easing cramps during menstrual cycle.
8. Parsley does not just fight tumors, it also relieves pain, inflammation and infection. Parsley can be used to treat toothaches, arthritis pain, bruises, insect bites and chapped skin. This herb can even be used to kill parasites, including lice, while reducing discomfort.
When consumed as a tea, parsley helps to restore the body’s natural acid/alkaline balance and reduce inflammation. Certain types of pain, like arthritis pain, are caused by acid building up around the joints. This causes the joints to become swollen, painful and stiff. Parsley benefits the joints by breaking up acid and reducing inflammation, which alleviates joint pain. People who make parsley a part of their daily diet are less likely to experience rheumatic disease, including rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
People who are suffering from painful bruising, piles and broken veins can also benefit from using parsley. When applied to the skin, parsley benefits the body by shrinking small blood vessels. This helps the skin heal, stops bleeding and reduces pain. Applying parsley to the skin is also believed to stimulate hair growth, increase collagen production, diminish the appearance of wrinkles and firm the skin.
9. When eaten or consumed as a tea, parsley benefits the heart, improves the quality of the blood and strengthens the immune system. Parsley strengthens the heart by supplying the body with folate, or vitamin B9. Folate neutralizes an amino acid known as homocysteine, which can damage the blood vessels in large amounts. Regularly consuming parsley will protect against cardiovascular disease, stroke, heart attack and atherosclerosis.
In addition to protecting the heart, parsley benefits the body by regulating blood sugar, lowering blood pressure and stimulating the production of red blood cells. This herb also supports immune system function and provides the body with several powerful antioxidants. Since parsley increases immunity, it is often used to combat the common cold, bronchitis and the flu. Parsley is also effective at drying mucous, which reduces congestion and helps to control allergies.
10. For women, parsley can be especially beneficial. Not only can parsley possibly prevent breast cancer, but it can also relieve menstrual pain. When consumed internally, parsley relieves pain, reduces bloating and causes uterine contractions. This tones the uterus, stimulates menstruation and can even induce labor in pregnant women. Some doctors believe that parsley is also beneficial in toning the male prostate. This makes the prostate stronger and less prone to infection.
Parsley is an herb that benefits the body so many different ways. This herb can be used externally to fight infection, improve the appearance of the skin and naturally relieve pain. Internally, parsley benefits almost every bodily system. Not only does this herb protect the heart and boost immunity, but it might even be an effective natural anticancer treatment.
As you can see Parsley is another amazing natural remedy! Start incorporating Parsley into your daily diet to natural boost every system in your body!